March at Oxford High School
We are open-minded. We critically appreciate our own cultures and personal histories, as well as the values and traditions of others. We seek and evaluate a range of points of view, and we are willing to grow from the experience. Students from various spent some time with Dr. Jay Marks, from Oakland Schools. Dr. Marks is a diversity and equity consultant who works with students and/or staff on topic surrounding diversity, equity, race and social justice. The purpose for his visit was to gather student voice to identify areas of our building culture which can improve. Dr. Marks will work with staff in assessing our student needs so that we can continue to improve how we support our students next school year.
Our Student Newspaper staff launched a new website in October: www.Ohsnews.org. Our dedicated team of 18 writers, five of whom pull double-duty as editors, and one dedicated website manager - are working hard to report the news in an unbiased, fair and balanced way. Please check them out!
Our OHS News Broadcasting has also made some outstanding updates to their daily news show. You can subscribe to their YouTube Channel and even set alerts to receive their news each day.
Communication & Information
Parents who are better informed are more likely to be engaged and supportive of their child and our learning community. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the following pages within and in addition to our OHS Homepage.
Mr. Wolf’s Top 6
- If you don’t already receive our weekly emails from OHS Administration, please click on SchoolMessenger and subscribe to receive helpful weekly info and updates.
- Our Parents & Students webpage is a great resource for parents to access student grades & attendance (PowerSchool), teacher websites (Haiku) and other school resources.
- Please visit our OHS School Calendar to view upcoming events.
- OHS News Broadcasting YouTube Channel is where you can find all daily announcements. Subscribing and/or viewing on a regular basis will help keep you informed and updated.
- Our Counseling webpage has a number of resources for you and your student, including our curriculum, career resources, transcripts and services.
- Make sure you are also visiting our Athletic Website for athletic event dates, games and information. We are currently working on a redesigned website that we hope you will love using.
- Check out our Twitter page @oxford_hs to see day-to-day highlights of our wonderful learning community!
- Our student Newspaper staff has launched a new website: www.Ohsnews.org with a dedicated team of 18 writers working hard to report the news in an unbiased, fair and balanced way.
- OCS Facebook is another way to see day-to-day highlights district-wide.
- Wildcat Review Newsletters are created each quarter to highlight all of the outstanding work and accomplishments throughout Oxford Community Schools.
Thanks for your support and help in keeping Oxford an amazing Community!
Principal – Oxford High School